Floresta Field Blend Blanco 2018 named Best White Blend of the Year by Mesa de Cata La Cav with 95 points11 de December de 2019
In addition, Floresta Cabernet Franc 2018 obtained 94 points and was selected as one of the Best Cabernet Franc from Chile.
Santiago, December 2019. Santa Rita wines achieved outstanding accolades in the Guide Mesa de Cata 2020, elaborated by Chilean specialized wine magazine La CAV, where an expert’s panel tasted blind to select the best wines.
Among these best wines, Floresta Field Blend Blanco 2018 was awarded 95 points, being also named the Best White Blend of Chile. Elaborated by Santa Rita’s Ulta Premium Winemaker Sebastián Labbé, it is a field blend of white varieties: Semillón, Sauvignon Vert, Moscatel, Torontel and Corinto, sourced from Apalta. Harvested by hand, the grapes are partially destemmed, transferred to open second use barrels and small concrete vats, where alcoholic fermentation occurs. This wine is aged on its lees for nine months and a small portion ages in old barrels for the same period.
In addition, Floresta Cabernet Franc 2018, sourced from Pumanque, reached 94 points and was named as one of the Best Cabernet Franc of the year. The grapes of this wine are also manually harvested, destemmed in its majority while 5% of full bunches are left in the barrel. It had a complete maceration with its skins for 26 days and pressed in a vertical press. It was bottled unfiltered and without clarification.
Other Santa Rita wines that were also highlighted in the Guide:
- 94 points: Bougainville 2017, Floresta Cabernet Sauvignon 2018 and Pewën de Apalta 2018.
- 93 points: Floresta Carmenère 2017 and Floresta Chardonnay 2018.
- 92 points: Casa Real Escudo de Familia Syrah 2016.
- 91 points: Casa Real Escudo de Familia Cabernet Sauvignon 2016, Casa Real Escudo de Familia Carmenère 2017 and Medalla Real Gran Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon 2016.
- 90 points: Medalla Real Gold Medal Cabernet Sauvignon 2017 and Secret Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2018.
Last newsSee all
20 Jun, 2020