120 Santa Rita and Arsenal: 5 years sharing every game and every glass10 de August de 2021
Leading South American producer Santa Rita, Arsenal’s Official Wine Partner join the football team in celebrations for the fifth anniversary of the sponsorship with activities in key markets.
August, 2021.- It has been five years since Santa Rita 120 became the official sponsor for Arsenal Football Club, a successful partnership that in 2021 celebrates under the claim ‘5 years sharing every game and every glass’. To mark this occasion, both organisations are launching a global campaign aiming to reach football fans and wine lovers around the world, raising a glass for the shared values of history, class and tradition.
The kickoff will be on August 11, just before the first game of the Premier League’s new season, with the global launch through social media channels of the new 120 Arsenal video featuring Manager Mikel Arteta with a special message to all the fans. Other digital actions with 120 influencers in key markets as the UK and Ireland, China, USA, Canada, Chile and Brazil, will take place from August onwards. In addition, an exclusive tasting of Santa Rita will take place at Emirates Stadium on 22 August, the first Premier League home match of the season.
Francisca Muñiz, Santa Rita CMO, commented, “The partnership between 120 and Arsenal has represented a significant support for extending the reach of Santa Rita and positioning Chilean wine in strategic markets where Arsenal also has a presence. Amplifying 120’s message of enjoying the simple things in life and sharing together has become even more relevant in the current global situation, and we are delighted to celebrate these five years together”.
“What we have achieved together is testament to the benefits of building and maintaining strong, long-term partnerships. Furthermore, after an extended period of immense personal and professional disruption across the globe, promoting a message of enjoying the simple things in life and sharing together has never been more important both from a Santa Rita 120 or Arsenal FC perspective. Everyone at Arsenal is extremely proud of our long-standing relationship with Santa Rita and we look forward to supporting their continued growth and working together to offer more memorable experiences to our global fanbase.”
Over the course of the partnership, global 120 sales have increased by almost 30% compared with the previous five years, with 120 being the number 1 brand in key markets as Chile and Ireland, and among the top 4 Chilean brands in the US. Santa Rita has also developed the 120 Arsenal Edition, a cobranded wine that is present in relevant markets in Latin America, Europe and Asia, being one of the most successful products of Arsenal’s store on Chinese giant e-commerce platform, TMALL.com.
International campaigns have reached close to 500 million people through the digital platforms, a channel that was strengthened during 2020, with collaborations from Arsenal Legends as Robert Pires, Alex Scott, Gilberto Silva and Ray Parlour. Last year, the 120 and Arsenal’s campaign was shortlisted for the European Sponsorship Association Awards, in the Best Use of Branded Content category, featuring Manager Mikel Arteta, while fans at Emirates Stadium have enjoyed more than 400,000 glasses of 120.
About Santa Rita
· Established in 1880, Santa Rita is one of Chile’s oldest and most respected wineries, being the number #1 selling wine brand in Chile and Ireland.
· Santa Rita owns over 3,700 hectares of Wines of Chile Certified Sustainable vineyards in the following wine valleys: Limarí, Casablanca, Leyda, Maipo, Colchagua, Apalta, Maule, Rapel and Curicó.
· Brands under Santa Rita include: 120, Secret Reserve, National Gallery Series, Medalla Real, Floresta, Triple C, Pewën de Apalta and Bougainville. The top wine is Casa Real.
· Oscar Salas is winemaker for the Santa Rita 120, Secret Reserve and Medalla Real Reserva wines.
· 120 brand was first registered in 1967, being one of the most important brands in Chile with 54 years of history.
· Sebastián Labbé is winemaker of Medalla Real Gran Reserva, Floresta, Triple C, Pewën de Apalta, Bougainville and Casa Real.
· In 1987 Santa Rita was the first Chilean winery to win the Gault Millau Olympics in Paris beating a number of top Bordeaux chateau with Medalla Real Cabernet Sauvignon 1984.
· Santa Rita Casa Real 1989 was awarded the prestigious ‘Wine Legend’ status by Decanter Magazine and was the first wine from South America to achieve this recognition ranking it alongside some of the most historic wines of the world.
· In 2021, Santa Rita was recognised for the 10th consecutive year as one of ‘The World’s Most Admired Wine Brands’ by Drinks International
· Viña Santa Rita was awarded ‘Ethical Company of the Year’ at the Drinks Business Green Awards 2015, achieving a ‘Commendation’ in 2019.
· Santa Rita was awarded ‘Winery of the Year 2016’ by Wines of Chile
· Santa Rita received the 2016 Corporate Sustainability Award presented by SOFOFA (Federation of Chilean Industry)
· In May 2019, Viña Santa Rita is recognised as the #1 winery in Chile according to RepTrak which evaluates and ranks Chilean companies according to reputation, work environment, integrity, products and services offered.
· Santa Rita is the official Wine Partner of Arsenal Football Club
· Santa Rita has partnered with The National Gallery to create a line of limited-edition wines using images from the Gallery. A percentage of the profits of each bottle sold will go back to the National Gallery
· Santa Rita is part of the Santa Rita Estates (SRE) portfolio
About Arsenal Football Club
Arsenal Football Club was born when a group of workers at Dial Square armaments factory in Woolwich, notably exiled Scotsman David Danskin and Jack Humble, decided to form a football team to break the monotony of factory life.
Since that Dial Square team played its first match against Eastern Wanderers in 1886, Arsenal has gone on to become one of London’s most successful football clubs and one of the most famous names in modern football with millions of passionate followers worldwide, being 14 times winners of the FA Cup.
Steeped in history and tradition, Arsenal Football Club has thrived on a pioneering and innovative spirit that has existed throughout its 135 years in existence. While society and football may have changed during this time, Arsenal has always served to create a sense of community for people in Islington, across the UK and now around the world.
Last newsSee all
5 Apr, 2022
30 Sep, 2021
23 Sep, 2021